Teoh Chiew Braise Duck
1 Duck (about 2.5 Kilo)
8 pcs garlic
3 pcs lengkuas
1 1/2 tbsp soya bean paste
1 1/2 tsp 5-spice powder
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp black soya sauce
1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 inch cinnamon
1 pc star aniseed
1) Season duck with 5-spice powder and salt for 1/2 hr.
2) Heat sugar in a kuali or pot on low fire till brown. Add in soya bean paste,
garlic, lengkuas, star aniseed and cinnamon. Fry until fragrant.
3) Add 1 1/2 to 2 bowls of water, black soya sauce, oyster sauce and stir.
Then put in the seasoned duck and add enough water to cover about 3/4 of the duck.
4) Cook the duck on medium fire. When gravy is boiling, lower fire and simmer the
duck for about 1 1/2 hrs.
5) Serve while it's hot with some chopped spring onion.